In this Issue:
Does Your Body Need a Spring Cleaning?
It’s spring, and humans everywhere have begun the daunting task of cleaning their humble abodes. Winter fosters accumulation of dust, dirt, and damp, and humans are often shocked and appalled by the “scunge” and grime they find lurking in their gutters, carpets, nooks and crannies.
Likewise, bodies tend to “accumulate” during the winter, too, whether due to excess calories, winter smogs, holiday treat residues, or other toxins. And, this kat thinks your body could probably likewise use a spring cleaning.
Modern life brings with it exposure to thousands of toxic chemicals that all negatively affect bodily functions, immune system health, and hormonal balance. Unfortunately, modern life does not likewise readily offer too many detoxifiers, and unable to keep up with an influx of toxins, your body must store them in fat tissue (leading to undesirable weight gain).
Signs your body may be in need of a deep clean include sluggishness, poor skin quality, aches, digestive upsets, and weight gain.
Below are few things you can do to assist your body in the clean-up effort:
The products on the opposite side of the page can help support your internal spring cleaning efforts. And, to increase your odds of sticking with the program you decide is best for you, research suggests that finding a friend, spouse, or workmate to join you in your pursuit helps tremendously.
- Drink plenty of water to help your kidneys do their job of flushing toxins our your body.
- Since the skin is the body's largest organ and is one of primary means by which toxins exit your system, use saunas and steam baths to sweat the gunk out and increase circulation by alternating hot and cold showers and skin scrubbing sessions.
- Keep your body moving to encourage lymph system flow. Yoga, Tai Qi Chuan, Qi Gong, and walking are particularly useful during detox periods as they are gentle forms of movement; however, jumping on a mini trampoline is considered an ideal lymph flow stimulating exercise if you have one handy.
Teri Reveals the Secret of the Massage Mouse. If you've ever had that tight or knotty muscle you just can't get to, Teri provides an ingenious solution with website links to go along with her story in her latest tip on the Massage Mouse. Then, sharing fun and fascinating information as only she can, Teri delves into the topic of mummies and the once promising career of professional mourner. Yet again, Teri shows us the joy of being an "inspired learner."
A Kat's Perspective
Yes! Magazine recently published a series of articles to address one major theme, “Can animals save the world?” While this kat’s opinion is certainly biased toward the obvious answer, of particular interest to the omnivore and carnivores among you (yours truly included), is one of the articles in particular addresses humane treatment of food animals.
In the article entitled, “How to Eat Animals and Respect Them, Too,” Yes! Magazine interviews a morality-focused farmer on the sustainability of meat-eating, and further, explores his views on how to improve the feedlot system for animals and consumers alike.
While this kat knows there are many vegetarians among our fair members, this article is relevant to herbivores and omnivores alike, as it tackles far more than food issues.
Other articles in the issue include “10 Best Things We Can Do For Animals” and “How Happy Was Your Meal?” Since we here at the Co-op are advocates for health, humanity, and furry (and okay, farm) friends, we thought you might check out some of the excerpts.
This kat would love to know your thoughts! ^..^
That's all for now, fair members!
Still purringly yours,
Our Health Co-op, Incorporated
4188 Westroads Drive, Unit 123
Riviera Beach, FL 33407
| Latest top sellers!
- Heart Plus
- Calcium w/Mag, Boron, D3 (Veg Caps)
- Green Tea Extract
- Vitamin D3, 5000 IU
- Heart Plus Veg Caps
- Beta Glucan
- Vitamin B-Trio
- Fish Oil
- Eye Protection
- B-100 Plus
15% Off Powerful Products to Help Cleanse and Detoxify Your System
Here are a some powerful products to help you reach the insides of your hard-working cells and leave them with that extra clean feeling:
- Milk Thistle – a supreme liver cleanser and general detoxifier, there are few better "get your money's worth" detox products than milk thistle. Particularly effective in helping cleanse your body of heavy metals, milk thistle has also shown promise in preserving glutathione stores (your body’s most potent antioxidant).
- Fiber Fit – fiber helps “sweep” out excess toxins from your intestinal tract, and support regular elimination to prevent the build up and/or reabsorption of said icky toxins.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – as an antioxidant powerhouse, alpha lipoic acid is a well-known chelating agent. ALA binds to toxins like mercury and arsenic, neutralizing them, and transporting them for elimination.
- Constant Health – is a favorite of our very own Dr. Hugo Rodier, a major crusader for detoxification, who also consulted in its development. Considered to be more of an “all in one” when it comes to detox, Constant Health is loaded with cleansing fibers, detoxifiers (like N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Calcium D-Glucarate, and Milk Thistle ), powerful botanicals (like the ever-popular anti-inflammatory turmeric and boswellia), and a full suite of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Best of all, all 46 ingredients are nestled in an easy-to-digest protein powder for simple, tasty delivery.
You can save 15% on each of these deep cleaners now through midnight, Monday, April 4th.
Coupon Code: spring15
To claim your 15% discount simply add any of the above-listed items to you cart, type in the coupon code at check out, click "Apply" and we'll get your products en route to you pronto. Get your body started on its Spring cleaning today. Your cells will thank you!
Member Spotlight: Congratulations to Our Video Winners!
A hearty "hoo-rah" for our three Co-op members who participated in our Humorous or Inspirational Video Contest. Each of the three won 15% Off Coupons good for their entire next order. Check them out on the Humor and Inspiration page on our website.
"Laughing Baby" was submitted by Jill S. "Startled Panda Mom" was submitted by Sandra P. And, "Penguin Goes Shopping" was submitted by David A. Their 15% Coupon Codes are traveling lightening fast to their email in-boxes this very moment.
If your friends and family care about supplement quality and love a good deal, they will certainly thank you!
Phone: 800-667-0781 Mon-Fri 9 am - 5pm EDT